Immune-inflammatory diseases under your skin
We are looking for partners to help us to identify, validate or test new targets for the treatment of chronic immune-inflammatory diseases of the skin.
Psoriasis, atopic dermatitis or pemphigus vulgaris are examples of chronic immune-inflammatory skin diseases associated with significant comorbidities that have a profound impact in the quality of life of patients. They are our focus.
Many chronic immune-inflammatory diseases, irrespective of the organ affected (joints, CNS, gut or skin), share common mechanisms, pathways and players: psoriasis has therapies in common with multiple sclerosis and rheumatoid arthritis; atopic dermatitis with asthma; pemphigus with lupus, to name a few.
Regardless of your field of expertise, if you are a scientist with an idea (target, pathway, therapy) that you think might be of use in a dermatological disease, share it with us and we will explore it, together.
Who is this for
This call is addressed to scientists affiliated to Universities, Research Centers, Start-ups, Biotechs, and Pharma companies.
- Submitted proposals may become eligible to receive a research grant
- Funding will be granted to those submissions that are deemed valuable and are approved by Almirall
- Research grant up to € 250000. Final amount will be consistent with the proposed research project, and it may be provided in one or several installments
- Intellectual property rights remain with the applicant
- You will retain ownership of any intellectual property you may bring or develop
- Additional scientific support will be provided on an ad-hoc basis
- Mentorship by Almirall experts to advance the initial proposal to meet project criteria
- Technology platforms to assist in your target validation
- Pharmacological tools
- Advise on intellectual property matters
- A designated contact person will help you should you have questions
- Proposal submission
- The first step is for you to create an account on AlmirallShare Innovation platform, which is a secure site to store and manage your proposals
- The submission period is from July 25th, 2019 to October 31st, 2019
- Please include an outline of your idea (max. 300 words) and a detailed description of your proposal including publications that support it
- All the initial information provided under the proposal should be non-confidential
- Submissions will be handled following all applicable local compliance requirements
- For Investigator Sponsored Trial (IST) requests from individual healthcare professionals, please submit through the standard local channels
- Proposal evaluation and selection
- A team of Almirall scientific experts will evaluate your proposal as soon as it will be received
- You will receive in writing Almirall’s decision regarding your proposal within 4-8 weeks after submission
- If your proposal has been selected, a member of the Shared Innovation Team will reach out to you to initiate a collaboration agreement that will reflect the experimental activities supported and the funding amount
- An Almirall scientist will be assigned to collaborate with you on project definition as well as project follow-up